Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Cash Register Fail Turns Into Dinner Win

Earlier this week, Little Kat and I went to pick up some dinner. We went to Subway. There were no other customers there. When we entered, someone from the back yelled hello. There was an annoying sound coming from the cash register.

I decided to go with the cheapest sub I could find. Little Kat ordered one of his normal subs. And I placed an order for grandpa. When the employee went to ring us up, she could not get the cash register to work. Her boss came into the store. He could not get it working either.

The boss called the regional manager. They gave the manager some tricks to try. None of them worked. The regional manager said they would eventually come into the store. They stopped taking orders from other customers who came in.

They wrote down what types of subs we got. Then they said we could leave without paying. I guess they could not take a credit card nor make change for cash. Worked for me. I hustled out of there before they changed their mind. I just wished I opted for a more expensive dinner.

No comments: