Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Almost a Road Trip

My buddy's dad lived in the local area. But he eventually moved back to his home town 6 hours south of here. He died recently. I found out the funeral is in the middle of this week. I talked to my boss and was able to get some time off to go to the memorial and funeral.

I had planned to stay at a cheap motel. Figured I could drive down the night before. Spend the day at the funeral. Stay in the hotel the next day and actually work from there. Then come home on the weekend. Since the motel was cheap, the total bill would be a few hundred dollars.

Well I called my buddy today and told him about my plans. He told me he and his family were stressed out. And that me coming might only add to the stress. So I let him halt my travel plans. There is a virtual funeral online. But that does not seem right. I guess the flowers I sent will have to be the total of my contribution.

No comments: