Friday, November 28, 2008

Shop 'til You Drop!


This morning the kittens and I woke up extra early, 3:00 am, to get an early start on Christmas shopping. I made sure the kittens went to bed extra early so that they would not be too tired, but I should have followed my own advise because I was so sleepy that I hit my snooze alarm. Good thing Black woke me when he heard that the kittens were awake or I might still be sleeping! (Thanks sweetie)

This was the first year that Little Kat braved out into the shopping world on a Black Friday. He was pretty excited and in all that excitement he accidentally left his wallet at home. Do not worry, I spotted him the cash because we did not have time to come back home. We wanted to make it out to the mall before 4:00 am.

Kit and I usually do the the Black Friday shopping together so she knows the routine. She got up early and gathered the sale ads and started to make some hot chocolate. I caught her just in time because this year I decided to stop by the 24-hour McDonald's for some gourmet hot cocoa. However, I did not know they would not be open that early because of holiday hours so we we hot cocoa"less" for our adventure.

When we got the mall, it was already pretty crowded. I was lucky that I had been to this mall many times and I knew where the perfect parking spaces were so we did not have to walk too far and we were close to the store exit.

We stood in the cold November morning for less than 10 minutes before the store opened and everyone crowded in to the store. Happy Shopping!!

2 comments:

Black Cat said...

Mamma Kat got some good deals. I hope one of them is a gift for me. I am too much of a sleepy cat to go out the morning of Black Friday.

Grand Kat said...

I hope there was one for me too..
purr