Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Jerry's Fail

Some time ago I went to eat lunch at Jerry's subs and pizza. I like them because the restaurant is not too crowded. I normally get their "cheap thrills" deal. It is a small sandwich, drink, and fries for six bucks and change. They were doing some renovations in the store. There was a big new neon sign above the counter.

Turns out they are doing away with the cheap thrills. Okay. Some dude gave me a coupon booklet. Today I decided to use one of their coupons: regular steak and cheese sub for five bucks. Sounded legit. When I presented the coupon before ordering, the guy behind the counter started hemming and hawing about how the price of the steak and cheese went up.

Great. My coupon gives me an even better value. Eventually I figured that the guy was trying to tell me I had to pay more money. I told him that their normal price might have gone up, but the coupon price did not. Another dude came in and rung me up. Then the original dude asked presented me with the total. It was not right. I did the math out loud so he could see there was an error. He went back to telling me that they were charging me more than the coupon price.

The other dude came back. I told him I want to pay the amount stated on the coupon to get the sub from the coupon. How hard could this be? Apparently very hard. With the new neon sign came a new order entry system. The second guy eventually fiddled around with the cash register and charged me less than what I was supposed to pay. I did not argue with that lower price.

I asked this second dude when he thought the kinks would be worked out of the system. He explained a whole lot of other problems they are having. and that he had no clue when they would be resolved. Okay. Goodbye Jerry's. Does anyone at this chain know they are alienating their return customers? Guess they will find out. Time to go to another restaurant that knows about customer service and retention.

No comments: