Sunday, February 15, 2015

Operation Easypass

Momoko and I discussed getting an Easypass from the state. It allows you to go onto toll roads without stopping to pay an attendant. We have a new expressway near our house that only accepts Easypass. There are no humans working the toll booths.

Image my surprise when I got an Easypass package in the mail. I did not sign up for this. Was I being punked? Nope. Turns out is was a pass for the local gas station. Little Kat was excited. I pay for the gas in his car. Normally I give him cash so we can get the cheaper rate as the gas station. That means Little Kat needs to go in and talk to the attendent.

I tried to activate our easy passes. Turns out I need to know my gas station credit card number. Doh. I just signed up to get my gas card. I did not get them yet. Out easy passes remained dormant. Then I opened up the rest of my mail, and found that they mailed me the cards in a separate envelope.

Little Kat was even more excited because I ordered a credit card with his name on it. It is just for him to fill up the gas tank. Still, I was able to activate our easy passes. Little Kat is heading over to his friend's house to spend the night. On the way, he plans to fill up the car with the easy pass.

No comments: