Thursday, February 26, 2015

Phone Calls Forever

Momoko and Little Kat got the day off due to snow. Kit Kat had a delayed opening. I had to report to work on time. Luckily I work from home today. The first thing on my agenda was a teleconference call. I had to be there because I was the guy who answered all the questions.

The call went over time. Eventually I had to excuse myself, and go to my next meeting. Guess what? That meeting ran over as well. I was hoping to get out by 11:00am to go shovel some snow. Momoko must have had the same idea. She woke up the kids and had them shoveling a bit after 11.

When my call finally finished, the kids and Momoko got most of the driveway cleared. They were clearing off their cars. I broke out the shovel, cleaned up some remnants of snow from the driveway, then went to the street to dig out our mailbox. That was not too hard. My next door neighbor is an overachiever and he pretty much cleared the way.

Afterwards I bought us all some Chinese food for lunch. They got lunch specials that are a good deal. The problem is that Momoko and Kit Kat like the deluxe meals that cost more. I splurged for once because they worked hard. After lunch, Kit Kat had to report to school. And I needed to go back to work.

No comments: