Thursday, November 3, 2016

Unprepared

My car has been complaining about tire pressure problems for a week or two. I have been trying to ignore it, as the car is sensitive when the temperature changes. Yeah I might have a tire that is a few pounds of pressure low. So what.

The nagging got me to drop by the gas station today. I went there after lunch. Did not have my little pad to kneel on the concrete with me. But I keep my digital tire pressure gauge in the car. Somebody had just pulled out of the space next to the air machine.

The air machine was still running. So I tried to hurry up to use some of the free air from the last guy. I used my gauge to try to determine the current pressure in my driver's side front tire. Had trouble getting the gauge on the valve on the tire. Maybe it was because I was standing and did not have my knee pad to get closer.

Eventually the pressure gauge broke, and the free air from the machine expired. That's when I figured I was doing this all wrong. The right way was to first measure all the tires at home so I know what I am dealing with. Also I need to bring all the tools that I need with me. Then I will be prepared to fill up the tires with ease.

Luckily I have a backup tire pressure gauge at home. I will go back there and regroup.

No comments: