Thursday, December 1, 2016

Certifications

I am nearing the end of my college course which is supposed to prepare you to take the CompTIA Security+ certification exam. So far, I feel like I have not learned enough in the course. I just don't have that deep knowledge that I usually attain when I study hard for a class.

My company gave me some money to buy materials and pay for the certification exam. I bought a study guide from Amazon. The first thing in the guide was a pre-test. You need to get 83% correct on the real test to pass. I got an 83% right in the pre-test. Maybe I have learned a thing or two this semester.

I plan to rigorously study this exam guide over the next two months. If I can get up to a 93% or higher in the post-test, I think I will be ready to ace the test. While getting the certification is an important milestone, the real goal is to understand the topic. Nobody really cares if you hold a certificate. they just want you to know your stuff.

In other news, I had recommended that Little Kat might want to look into CompTIA A+ certification training. That would assist him in figuring out why his desktop computer sometimes does not work.

No comments: