Friday, December 23, 2016

The vacation begins

The day before we were to depart on vacation, I printed out our boarding passes. We got somewhere in the middle of the queue. The flight was overbooked. Luckily, we got the last empty row in the plane. "We" means Momoko, Kit Kat, and Little Kat. I had to sit one row in front of them with strangers. It was not a comfortable flight.

Our destination airport moved all the rental car companies out of the airport. We loaded our many suitcases onto a shuttle that took us out to the rental car building. The rep for the rental company said all they had to rent me was a Chevy Trax and a Chevy Captiva. They said the Trax was less damaged. They forgot to tell me that it was tiny.

Before even getting into the rental, I ran back and switched to the Captiva. On the way to Momoko's parents' house we got some Sonic fast food to eat. Delicious. Little Kat spent most nights sleeping over at his uncle's house. Kit Kat got a grand queen size bed. I slept in a pull out trundle, while Momoko got a small bed.

Our vacation had begun...

No comments: