Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Manual Transmission Lessons with Little Kat

Every afternoon at 2:30pm, Little Kat and I go out to practice manual transmission driving in my 2014 Nissan Versa Note. Little Kat is always asking to postpone the sessions. Nope. Postponing has got us nowhere. Now that the fall semester is essentially at its end, time to buckle up and learn.

On one of the initial session, Little Kat did pretty good. He did not stall the car. He had no trouble getting the car into 4th gear. He thought we would be done with the lessons in a week. Premature celebration. We have run into problems like stalling and rough downshifting.

I think it is just a matter of time until Little Kat gets good at 3rd and 4th gear driving. Then we will switch to highway driving in 5th gear. Finally we will tackle driving in traffic and dealing with more stress on the road with a manual transmission.

When we are done, I plan to sell the Nissan Versa and get an automatic transmission car for me to drive. I hate riding with the manual in heavy traffic. Might want to get myself a Fiat 500 coupe. If I get the cash, I will go for the upscale Abarth edition with the Turbo charged engine.

No comments: