Friday, December 9, 2016

Closet Rennovation

I noticed that my brother was not making good use of the kitchenette in his bedroom. He had some problems with the shelf above the counter. It was not sturdy enough for his heavy items. My brother never used the sink or microwave in his room. Time for a renovation.

My handyman came in and demolished the kitchenette. He framed a wide closet to stand in its place. My handyman had the idea to install two rows of rods, effectively doubling the amount of clothes that could be hung up.

I needed to go into the office a few times this week. The handyman team needed four days to complete the closet. I gave them the code to get into the house by themselves when I was not here. Towards the end, they painted the trim and left it to dry in the carport. Of course Momoko backed into it, damaging some trim and her car. It's all good though.

Now my brother has good closet space. Time to call the carpet guys to finish off the bottom of the closet. I already checked with them. They can get the same carpet we used to redo my brother's room earlier this year.

No comments: