Thursday, December 29, 2016

Introdution to Tannerite

Kit Kat and Little Kat spent two days with their dad on vacation. We thought they would be back late Thursday. As we were driving to lunch on Thursday, they called and said they returned home early. Momoko and I drove with her sister's family to visit a restaurant known for their pies. They were closing in a few days. The line was out the door.

We instead went to a breakfast place. It was supposed to be good cooking. I ordered a monster 5 egg omelet. The English muffins were not toasted correctly. The hash browns were weak. My soda glass was empty most of the time. And I did was not the one with the worst problems at our table. The service sucked. At least the eggs were tasty.

In the afternoon, Little Kat's uncle picked me and Little Kat up. We wanted to go gun shooting at the outdoor range. Little Kat's uncle had not paid his dues in a while. So we went to get him current and the gun range owner's house. The we headed to a store to pick up some ammo. The most interesting purchase was a Tannerite kit. It was basically some chemicals you mix and shoot at for an explosion.

I shot some 22 caliber pistols. The rifle jammed up on me. Little Kat and his uncle talked me into shooting the 40 caliber handgun once. I also unloaded an assault rifle of its 30 bullets. It was not hard to hit the big targets at 50 yards. The smaller ones at 100 yards proved to be too difficult.

As the sun set, we mixed the Tannerite and set them out at 50 and 75 yards. The targets were small and I thought there was not much chance to hit them. Little Kat led the charge and blew a couple up. His uncle got the other one. We packed up and came home late for dinner. We ended up going out for a late night Mexican cheap dinner.

No comments: