Thursday, June 15, 2017

In Search of a Pizza Joint

I had worked all weekend. Then I put in some more overtime yesterday. It was time to take a small break from work. Momoko was off too. So I decided we should go out to lunch together. I had seen a local pizza place advertising on TV. That is where I wanted to go. Momoko resisted the long drive to the location that was advertised. She found a closer one. We headed out with Momoko behind the wheel.

We were doing well until we got to the street that the pizza joint was on. They had closed down a lane, making traffic really slow. Then we pulled up to the strip mall with the restaurant in it. There was no parking in front, and only minimal parking on the side. We arrived to find a total of 6 seats in the whole place. Guess it is a take out joint.

Momoko ordered a pizza plus some fried mushrooms. I tried to get one sub. But they said they no longer carried it. Instead I got an Italian sub. We picked up some 20 ounce sodas from their fridge. Strangely enough, they were not cold. The mushrooms came quick with some ranch sauce on the side. My sub also came quick. Momoko waited 20 minutes before going up to ask what the heck happened to her pizza.

The food was expensive. It was far from home. The food did not taste special, just run of the mill sub/pizza shop stuff. I don't think we will be returning. We have some sub shops closer to us. Their service, in general, is sub-standard. For those with better service, their subs are not too tasty. It is hard to find superior food combined with superior service. I guess we just have to settle for the tasty food.

No comments: