Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The Big Vacation Begins

It was time for our big summer vacation. Went to visit the grandparents. Kit Kat drove us to the airport. Turns out our flight was delayed 4 hours due to weather. I needed to get to the rental car office by midnight at my destination. I was cutting it close.

I skipped baggage claim. The family could handle that. I ran to the bus that takes you to the rental office. There were no seats left on the bus. Guess everyone else was late too. I was the first one off the bus. Asked the lady near my rental car company front desk if she could rent me a car. She said the rep from my company was sitting down behind the counter.

The rep tried to upsell me to a larger SUV. No thank you. I just want the one I reserved at the rate I was quoted. I was sent outside to the parking lot attendant. Turns out they did not have my size SUV in stock any more. He gave me a free upgrade to a Chevy Suburban. I even got to pick the color (black).

I drove the car rental back to get Momoko and Little Kat. They were waiting in front of some other airline. I picked them up and we ate a late night / early morning meal at Denny's before arriving at the grandparents' house.

No comments: