Monday, June 26, 2017

Movies Like The Accountant

I had a goal to watch a bunch of movies while we were on vacation. We saw Transformers in person at the theater. The sound went out during the last 5 to 10 minutes. Momoko complained and got us free readmit passes. We returned to see Wonder Woman. Now I know why Diana is so strong. I won't reveal any spoilers though.

We watched a whole lot more movies at the grandparents' home. They had a questionable program that could download movies to watch on the smart TV or PC. The audio was terrible. And sometimes the picture was dark. But we saw hits like The Founder, The Accountant, and John Wick 2.

The night before we left for home, Momoko ordered up a huge amount of Chinese food. Little Kat and I drove across town to pick up the food. When we got home, we found out the bums forgot to give us our soup. I called to complain. These fools would not credit back the cost of the soup. So I had to drive back over to pick up my soup. I won't be returning to that establishment. You know I hate substandard service.

Little Kat and I were asked to move a credenza into one of the bedrooms. We were also asked to mount a TV to the wall. I rejected the idea of mounting the TV. We were on vacation, not work study. When it came time to move the credenza, I found it to be a daunting task. The thing would not fit in the narrow hall unless we turned the thing on its side. It had heavy contents inside. Plus there was another piece of furniture made of real wood on top that we also had to move.

Little Kat and I got the job done. We got cut up trying to drag the heavy items into Momoko's old bedroom. Next time I am definitely going to strongly recommend hiring some day laborers to do the dirty work. Yeah I moved my share of furniture in my life. But that was a task for when I was in my twenties and maybe thirties. No need to get our hands dirty and our backs strained when there are hungry guys out there willing to do so for some greenbacks.

No comments: