Thursday, February 1, 2018

Taking a Tumble

Momoko is on a new health kick. Happens every once in a while. There are some dietary aspects to this effort. But I am affected by the exercise portion. Momoko said we should walk a few times a week. I was down with that.

So I said let's walk every day. That seemed too much for Momoko. Okay. Then I countered that we could do it every weekday. I can usually get off work by 5:00pm. So we set the daily walk for that time.

Momoko wanted to start small. So we would walk down the end of our street, turn around, and come home. I figured that would be a good start. However I thought we should walk a little farther each day. There is some resistance from Momoko on this idea.

I got off early one day. So I thought we could walk at 4:30pm instead of 5:00. Nope. Momoko was glued to some drama on TV. I had to wait until the designated time. I got some chores done. Then we headed out.

The weather was cold. The wind did not help. Halfway down the street, I perceived Momoko falling down and taking a tumble next to me. Not exactly sure why this was. Ground was flat and free of any obstacles. Street was pretty clear. I think this is a sign that Momoko has to do a whole lot more walking.

No comments: