Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Trash Pickup Day

I've got a lot of meetings at work today. Luckily the first one finished before the appointed end time. I heard the noise of a big truck outside. So I came upstairs to watch. The garbage pickup team was there. They parked their truck in front of my neighbor's house.

One guy ran over to my trash cans. He had pulled out the trash bags. He then proceeded to throw the trash bags over to where the truck was. I guess it is costly to move the truck to each person's house. Then he grabbed the last few bags and tossed them into the truck. He picked up the bags he previously threw, and put them in too.

The loaded so many bags into the truck, that when they used the truck to compress the trash, bags wanted to pop out of the back of the truck. They somehow knew how to keep them in. And then the team was off. They always hustle. Looks like a very demanding job.

I went to pick up my trash cans. That's when I found that they did not even open two of my smaller trash cans. Total of four garbage bags were left behind. They were small light bags of trash. I stuffed them all into one of my taller trash cans. We will leave them there until next week's pickup.

No comments: