Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Dairy Queen Disaster

I was in the mood for some Dairy Queen. There was apparently one in a mall close to my friend's house. Momoko drove us there on the weekend. It took a while to figure out which entrance to use in the mall. It is a big mall. We tried one that I thought was close to the food court. Mistake. It was not close to the food court. And Dairy Queen was not even in the food court.

Once we found the place, it was just in the middle of the mall. No place to sit down and eat. Limited menu with no hamburgers. We had to pass on it. The other restaurants in the mall seemed lacking. The restaurants around the mall were expensive. What should we do? Momoko asked if I liked Italian food. The answer is yes. She had me locate the closest Italian joint and we headed in that direction.

Luckily I recalled that we were relatively close to a Steak and Shake. I rerouted the GPS and got us there. We dined in eating double burgers. I opted for fries with the parmesan topping. Momoko had a side salad. We both drank their large milk shakes. Dairy Queen disaster averted.

No comments: