Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Government Shutdown

Due to budget problems, the government actually shut down yesterday. My pay at work is ultimately driven by a government customer. So I was worried this might impact me. Found out that my project is an essential one. That means we continue on whether there is a shutdown or not. Sounded good to me.

There was one caveat. Due to the shutdown, the bean counters in the company came out and inspected all our contracts. Seems mine was not up to snuff for the new year. Therefore, until that is sorted out, I could not work. The company is still paying me. So I decided to just study up on some programming.

Even when the shutdown ended, I was still in limbo for a bit. Finally my company worked something out and I was authorized to get to work. Wouldn't you know it? For some reason, I could not log into the customer network. Took a long time to get some help. But even the help desk could not resolve my problem immediately. It is rough.

No comments: