Monday, January 1, 2018

Long Vacation

I arranged to take off the last two weeks of the year from work. Momoko and I went to visit her parents. I got us some early boarding passes. Tried sitting in a new location in the plane - next to the emergency exit doors in the middle of the plane. This had the added benefit of there only being two seats in the row instead of three. The person behind me did have to store their belongings in the seat in front of me to the right.

We rented a Nissan Pathfinder to drive. It had a small third row seat that Momoko's brother-in-law sat in during trips. Saw a lot of movies during this vacation, including Star Wars, Downsizing, and Jumanji. Also rediscovered Church's Fried Chicken. They had a lot of good priced specials. I mainly ate their Mega Bites.

Coming home, we got onto a plane that felt new. Momoko declared that it had more room. Kind of like a business class seat. I knew something was up because, although SouthWest has a general admission seating policy, the rows were and seats we numbered. This time around I sat with Momoko in her row. We left the seat between us empty. Nobody came to sit there. My brother picked us up at the airport since everyone else was working.

No comments: