Saturday, March 9, 2019

Bird House Pole

So I got Momoko a bird house. Now I need to mount it. Found a kit that has a base you put in the ground, and a pole that connects to it. I want to install this thing on the hill directly behind our house. I worry that other animals like squirrels will jump onto the bird house and harass the bird. So I need to get rid of any nearby branches.

Started by chopping down some vines and small bushes where I want the birdhouse. That was only a start. It filled up a few trash cans worth of sticks and vines. Next I raked up all the leaves on the hill. They were not previously raked because it is hard to get to. Then I figured I would get a ladder in there to chop of big branches that hang over the area I want to mount the bird house at.

I had to clear a way to bring in the ladder. Chopped some more small bushes down. Then I brought the long ladder by the tree. Oops. I could not stand the ladder upright. The branches prevented it. Therefore I went and got a smaller ladder. Climbed up and chopped down a big branch. Let it dangle and went to the ground to pull it down.

The branch was connected to some healthy vines. I pulled on those until another branch fell down. I had a huge piled of branches and vines. That filled another couple trash cans. Luckily the county will come and haul away these branches and vines next week for free. There is still a whole lot more chopping to do.

No comments: