Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Car Business

I called Little Kat to make sure he would be home to drive me to the rental car place by the airport. I had reserved an Audi vehicle for the week. We get there and the guy behind the desk says I have a luxury sedan reservation. I told him I thought I reserved an Audi. He said Audi was one of the cars in that category. He instructed us to go out and talk to an attendant in the car lot.

The attendant told me we could take a Mini Cooper. That was not equivalent to an Audi. I asked if they could rent me an Audi. She said they had some but not right then. She told me I could pick any car on their lot to rent. They did not have many. I opted for a red Dodge Charger. It had less than 5k miles on it. It had a moon roof, heated/cooled seats, power front seats, etc. It was okay. But it did not have a Hemi V8 engine.

Little Kat and I drove to the local Chevy dealership. We dropped off my Spark for maintenance. The mechanic said it would cost $175 which seemed steep. Then we went furniture shopping for grandpa. His couch was no longer supportive. We went to the store where we bought his current couch. Tried to find a couch with electrical outlets. Those only came with recliners. Then we had to find couches with detachable cushions. I purchased one for delivery the next day.

Back at the car dealership, I tried to pay my bill with points. They said they needed my member number. Had no clue what that was. I did know my email and password to their site. They logged me in and captured my number. No out of pocket cash costs for this maintenance.

No comments: