Friday, June 17, 2022

Plywood Assignment

Grandpa  purchased two 65 inch TVs. He has them both in his living room. He wanted to move one of them to his bedroom. However these new TVs are just too wide to fit on his dresser. So he wanted to get some plywood to sit atop the dresser to brace the bottom of the new TVs.

I borrowed Grandpa's car and drove to Home Depot. I asked an associate there to point me to some plywood with at least one finished surface. He showed me some that had been sanded down. He told me to go to the back of the store to get it cut. A guy was driving a fork lift out the back of the store. He returned to cut the wood. He said to make sure the sticker was showing on top.

I went to the front of the store. There were a bunch of people in line. When I got to the front, I found that I was in the line for contractors. Luckily there were not many people in the regular lines. I had a hard time fitting the 6 foot boards in the back of Grandpa's vehicle. I put the wood in his garage and thought that was it.

Grandpa insisted that we help move the 6 foot board into his bedroom. He said we could lift the existing TV atop the dresser and slide the wood underneath. There was already a shorted piece of plywood on the dresser. I had Little Kat lift up the TV, as he was the tallest. Grandpa pulled out the old wood. I tried to slide in the new longer one. It was tough because wires hung down from the TV. Little Kat struggled to hold up the TV. Afterwards grandpa needed Little Kat to reattached some wires. We went above and beyond a reasonable duty there.

No comments: