Thursday, June 9, 2022

Couch Delivery

We were scheduled to have grandpa's new couch delivered. I set my alarm and woke up early to wait for the delivery. It came to be lunch time. So I woke up Little Kat and told him to wait for the delivery. I went to pick up Momoko's neice for lunch.

I planned to take the neice to a local steak house. She told me a place where they had the best ribeye. She forgot the name and had to look it up. It was the Outback Steak House. We both ordered some ribeye. It was costly. It had been 6 months since I last talk with the neice. She thought she might be able to move out and live in an apartment with Kit Kat. She said she talked to a friend that is a guy that lives in Germany. We spent 2+ hours at lunch.

When I returned back to grandpa's, the delivery guys had just arrived. They said they would not take or even move the old couch out. Little Kat and I cleared a path. Then we found it would not fit through the kitchen door. I asked the delivery guy to remove the feet from the old couch. Then Little Kat and I pushed it through the door out to the carport.

The delivery guys took the feet off the new couch. They had a harder time getting the new couch through the door. They installed the feet and left. Little Kat and I unwrapped the new couch and put everything back in its place. I visited the landfill to find the rules for dumping the old couch (need an ID and water bill). I visited Home Depot and U-Haul to rent a pickup truck. Neither had anything to rent.

Grandpa ended up asking a neighbor with a truck to take the couch to the dump.

No comments: