Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Flying the Friendly Skies

Momoko took the day off from work to drive Little Kat and I to the airport. We had practiced how to park at a train station near us. Little Kat and I got on a train to head into the city. However we kept on the train through the city to the other side. There we got off at the airport. It was a long walk to the terminal. There was some confusion over how to check our bags. The airline employee told Little Kat he was supposed to wait somewhere far down the hall until they called us up.

We found our departing gate. After a while, Little Kat and I got Italian subs for lunch. The server told us to pay first before he would give us our subs. That is not how the airport worked before. We got on a Boeing 737. Little Kat and I both sat in the last row, each of us at a window. Two large dude came to the back row and sat next to me, making it a tight fit. The steward warned us of oncoming turbulence. He was not wrong.

Little Kat's uncle picked us up at the airport. We were over 30 minutes late. Previously Little Kat had agreed to eat with grandpa that night. When we got to grandpa's house, Little Kat suspiciously asked us when we were going to eat. I told him we would eat later when we were hungry. But I sensed some ulterior motives. I asked Little Kat if he was planning to leave us. He said if we did not eat right away, he would leave and not eat with us. Double crossed. We ended up all eating Mexican food. Little Kat's uncle came with us and got Mexican for his family too.

No comments: