Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Goodbye Benz

Kit Kat and I went to the car store this weekend. We both drove separate cars. The toll roads made it easy to get there. We quickly talked with an associate. I gave him a key and they checked out my car. We then proceeded to their lot to look at used cars to buy.

I needed help from an associate to locate their Hyundai Venue. The outside looked cool. However the front and back seats were just too small. Hardly enough room for a big cat like me. We checked out some other cars, but got tired. We headed into the waiting room.

In less than an hour, I had an offer for my car. It was $1000 higher than I thought it would be. I ran out to grab the things out of my car. Then I told them I was ready to sell. I handed over the keys and paperwork. We had a seat in the waiting room again.

With this sale settling, I told Kit Kat I could pay for half of her new car. So I went online, and asked the car store to ship an almost new Hyundai Accent from North Carolina to the store near us. The web site hung. But texts and a call from the car store confirmed that the car is coming to us. Kit Kat bought us some drinks, and got 2 for 1 in the vending machine.

Now I am hunting for my next car. I called two dealers. Their ads were misleading, and I decided to forget about them. Most new car dealers these days are trying to extract a huge markup over MSRP.

No comments: