Monday, March 23, 2015

Vehicle Maintenance

Little Kat drove to pick up his friend the other day. Kit Kat had to come with him since he is not allowed to drive friends alone (that's the rule of the law, not my rule). As they were coming home with Little Kat's friend, a lady waved them down and informed them that they lost a hubcap.

Not a problem. It happened to me before. I just order a new one online. It came in a few days. Little Kat and I put it on the car. Little Kat exclaimed that it looked different than the others. It was shiny and had no scuffs. That will not last long.

I had been spying something hanging from Little Kat's car. It was visible from the back underneath the bumper. Today I drove his car into our carport. I put down a blanket and looked under the car. Yep. Some duct tape that was holding the plastic bumper cover in place was coming undone.

I showed Little Kat what was happening. Told him I have a few band aids keeping the cosmetic pieces of the car intact. I secured the piece with more duct tape and some rope. That will hold for a few years. Next up - the family says that Little Kat's car makes some noise when it turns. Time to take this thing into the shop to get it checked out.

No comments: