Monday, February 1, 2016

Furniture Retrieval

My brother moved into my house last month. He said his current clothes dresser broke down. Therefore we shopped for a new one. We saw a few that were adequate. My brother chose one that did not cost too much, and seemed to have all the feature required.


We opted to go pick up the dresser ourselves. I don't like waiting around while delivery guys come to my house. The salesman said it might take up to two months for the furniture to be ready. My brother got a call the week after he bought the dresser. It was in their warehouse already.


Unfortunately it snowed. We had to delay our trip to get the dresser. Finally it was the night before we planned to pick up the dresser. I helped my brother disconnect the cover on the back of his truck. That was treacherous. We cleaned out his truck bed.


I woke up early and we got on the road. Forgot we were going through some toll roads. We arrived at the warehouse. The guys on the dock told us to check into the other side of the building. Some old guy at the front desk reminded us that the snow we got was nothing like the old days. Ha ha.


We waited around 30 minutes at the dock. Good thing we came early. Lots of vehicles came after us looking for our furniture. The box containing the dresser fit snug in the back of the truck. No need to tie it down. My GPS went bonkers on the way home. Luckily I had printed directions and an idea where to go.


At home Momoko opened the doors as we carried the dresser down into the basement. The thing was stapled to the packaging box. It also was secured to a pallet on the bottom. The box and pallet added to our trash. The finish of the dresser looked good in my brother's new room.

No comments: