Sunday, February 21, 2016

Strange Trash

I was over my dad's house with my brother. We were cleaning the place out. There was a container of what seemed to be some oil on the counter. I was going to throw it out. But I wanted to get rid of the oil first. Decided to dump it out in compost pile.


Went to the back yard. Had a tough time opening the gate on the back fence. The gate must be settling down. Behind the fence I found a large compost. There was a concrete wall erected to keep the compost away from the fence.


While I was out in the back yard, I took a look around. The path to the dual sheds back there was narrow. Behind the shed I saw some strange things. There looked to be old rusted coffee and paint cans thrown about.


I asked my brother about this. He suspected my dad might have left them there and forget about them. Today we went to clean that mess up. We found the cans. We also found an old black plastic trash bag that came apart. Inside the bag were old batteries, clay pots, and other stuff.


We worked diligently and filled a couple trash bags of the rubbish. That stuff should have been thrown out a long time ago. We went inside the house, filled a couple more trash bags, grabbed some recyclables, then went to lunch.


The road ahead is going to be long getting this house cleaned up. There is 40+ years of stuff in there.

No comments: