Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Steak and Shake Adventure

Little Kat told me he would take me to Shake and Bake to thank me. Was not sure what he was thanking me for. Also was not aware that Shake and Bake was a location. Then I asked him if we might be headed to Steak and Shake restaurant. He confirmed we were.


So after practicing some manual transmission driving of third gear this morning, we got into the Chevy Monte Carlo that Little Kat normally drives. He used his iPhone running a Google app to tell us how to get to Steak and Shake. I peered over the highway overpass to see bumper to bumper traffic.


Little Kat tried to get on the highway. I told him we had better get off before we get on. There was only so much time I had for lunch today. As Little Kat was driving and staring at the traffic, he was headed for the curb. I told him to turn right. He did, but the car hit up against the curb. I hope there was no lasting damage.


I pointed Little Kat to a back roads alternate route. The Google app eventually figured out where we were and gave us different directions. They did take us through some twisty country roads. Eventually we got to the restaurant. It was confusing inside because there was no host. Little Kat found one. We got seated immediately


I hard a triple burger, French fries with parmesan cheese, and a strawberry milkshake. It took a while for the food and drinks to arrive. But when they did, they were delicious. I think the best part was that Little Kat paid, and the bill was not too high. That is the beauty of Steak and Shake.

No comments: