Thursday, May 26, 2016

Working While Sick

I have been sick for almost two weeks. I am getting better. Last week, I could not even work. Had to take the whole week off. The rain has not stopped while I was sick. Thus the grass is growing like crazy. When the grass gets tall, it is doubly hard to mow. You got to stop frequently to dump the grass catching bag.


Yesterday I decided I needed to step up and do some mowing. At lunch I went outside with the best intentions. I was barely able to get the front yard done. Only did a little weed trimming. Had to take several breaks as I just could not keep going. I was near the breaking point when I was done.


Since I was sweating profusely, I needed to take a shower. But I was beat. Almost too tired to even shower. I decided to take a really quick shower before I passed out. The hard part was that I could not go to sleep. Needed to get back to my job. At least the house was cool. I grabbed an A&W soda and got back to the computer.


Next up, I need to tackle the back yard. It is even bigger than the front yard. And it needs a lot more weed trimming work. Might have to break that task down into multiple days. We shall see.

No comments: