Monday, October 23, 2017

Cable Company Failures

As part of moving into my basement, my brother took over the cable bill. Right now that also comes with Internet service and free HBO. We changed the service into his name a couple months ago. However these cable jokers keep sending me the bill.

I called up the cable company. They said there was nothing they could do. I would have to return to the physical store to get the billing fixed. My brother and I went to the closest store. My GPS could not find the address. Neither could MapQuest. Google showed me a map of the place. I figured the route out on my own.

The rep at the store told me he had no place to enter the name for the billing. He said I needed to call the main office. Oh no. The main office told us to come there. We were not going to leave the store without this resolved. The nuclear option would have been to cancel all the service.

I called the cable company while in the store. I told the guy on the line that either he or the dude in the store needed to fix this. The guy on the line said he was not sure why the store rep could not resolve the problem. However he promised that he fixed it.

Terrible customer service. We are only using them because their price is right. Otherwise they are a bunch of bumbling fools for service and support. Still might switch to another provider if the bill keeps coming to me. There is only so much incompetence that I can take.

No comments: