Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Nissan Bait and Switch

We went looking for a car for Kit Kat. Found one online that was cheaper than her Honda Fit. But it seemed equivalent. I called them up to see if I could get the advertised price from the Internet. They said no. A manager would have to give me my actual price. I asked to speak with the manager. He said he would call me back in 5 or 10 minutes. He did not. I should have known something wasup.

Eventually I got a quote from the salesman. We went to the dealership. Test drove the car. It was good. Asked if they would match the CarMax appraisal value for the Honda Fit. No. They tried to low ball us. All right. Then I asked if we could just buy the car outright without the trade in. They came up with some high number for the price. I told them I was previously given another quote.

The sales guy said he just passed on the quote from another manager. I asked to speak with that manager. Apparently that manager was out of town for the week. WTF? I told them I would go check around with other dealers. On the way home, I got a call saying that they could match their initial verbal quote. Too late. They failed.

I am not going to support this bait and switch marketing. Maybe we will have to pay more somewhere else. I would rather give my money to an honest car salesman, if there are any that deal in Nissans.

No comments: