Friday, October 20, 2017

Volleyball Surprise

My buddy from college and I went out last week. I thought he said he wanted to drop by our alma mater to see the girls basketball team play. Sounded weird. But I am down for an adventure. When he dropped by my house, he clarified that he wanted us to visit his graduate school to see their volleyball team play.

Traffic was bad. We arrived after the first match started. Parking was tough. We waited for some people to leave so we could scoop up their parking space. Luckily we brought my little car and we could fit easily.

My buddy is a student there. He could get into the sports event for free. He had to buy me a ticket. Seemed a bit pricey for women's volleyball. But hey. He was paying. We found good seats over in the opponent's section of the bleachers.

We saw his college win the first match. Was some exciting play. Then his team won the second match too. At "half-time", a lot of people got up and walked around. I was hungry. But I did not see any concessions. The opponent mounted a third match assault. But it was not enough. My buddy's team swept them 3 games in a row.

No comments: