Sunday, October 1, 2017

Musical Cars

Kit Kat's car is having some problems. Momoko does not want to keep paying for repairs. What are we to do. I think I have a solution. I bought a used car. It is a 2014 Fiat 500L. It runs okay. Got navigation built in. Also has an aux port to jack in an iPod. Comfortably seats 4 people. Might be time for me to pass this car on to Kit Kat.

What we will legally be doing is having me sell my Fiat 500L to Momoko, who will then let Kit Kat drive the car all the time. I will then go buy another used car. Maybe a Fiat 500 two-door coupe. I can get a 2015 edition with super low miles for just over $12k. I think it will be a fun car to drive. Not very practical for our family. But perfect for me when I go to school or on local travel for work.

I told Momoko I could give her the super family rate when I sell her the car. Pretty much will sell it to her for half of what I could get if I sold it to the dealer. We are hoping Momoko can sell Kit Kat's broke down car for at least that amount, if not more. That way Momoko pays no out of pocket costs. Kit Kat gets a car that should last for at least another 3 to 4 years with minimal maintenance. I get to choose another car to drive.

Only downside is that I need to come up with $12k for my newly acquired car. Some of that will get offset by the money Momoko gives me for my current car. If this was the only car money I had to dish out, I would be fine. But Little Kat is driving a low mile super old vehicle right now. He loves it. But it is nearing the end of the road. I will probably have to buy Little Kat another car to drive when his dies.

No comments: