Monday, April 23, 2018

Birthday Shopping Failure

I asked Little Kat to cook dinner for my birthday this year. I asked him to grill up some steaks. Before he went grocery shopping, I reminded him to pick up the meat. I told him to let me know if there were any problems with the purchase.

Little Kat did not say anything when he came home from grocery shopping. So I presumed everything was okay. Luckily I quizzed him today. Found out he did not find any steaks. WTF? I guess he was going to wait until my birthday dinner to lay that surprise on me.

I researched online how to buy steaks. Then I checked the rating for the local meat market. Not too good. Found an ad online for a grocery store close to us. They had New York Strip on sale. Momoko gave us a budget for the meat. I drove her new car to the store with Little Kat.

At first, Little Kat said everything in the store was just too expensive. I dug deeper and found some chuck meat for really cheap. They did not have a lot of it. But it was enough to feed the family. It helps that Kit Kat does not like steak. So we did not buy any for her.

No comments: