Sunday, April 8, 2018

Last Day of Vacation

Momoko and I had a busy last day of vacation. We got up early to ensure we could see Momoko's mom in the hospital before we left. To my surprise, the temperature dropped and the car was iced up. The little ice scraper I borrowed from Momoko's dad could not cut through the ice. I had to warm up the car to melt most of the ice.

We were lucky that Momoko's mom was up early today. So we said goodbye. Then I went to fill up the gas in the rental car. Momoko wanted to go to some random gas stations on the way to the airport. I said we should stick to the plan we had made the day before. We did a test drive and found a gas station to use.

On the way to the predetermined gas station, we saw a pickup truck on the side of the road. It was upside down. The vehicle must have flipped recently. People were getting out to help. We proceeded to the airport. I had a little excitement going through security. A guy asked me to step aside and inquired if I had any sharp object in my carryon. Just a pen. Turns out he was interested in my GPS car holder, which is in the shape of an alligator head.

The airline reps said we had a full flight. Momoko and I had good positions with our A-group boarding passes. We chose the second to last row in the plane as usual. The stewardess kept telling people that the back rows were full. This resulted in us have an empty seat between us. Guess one guy missed his flight.

Vacation was fun. But it is good to be home.

No comments: