Sunday, May 13, 2018

Lawn Mower Accident

I had some free time Friday afternoon. So I cut the grass. I was worried rain was coming this weekend. I finished the front and back lawns. I was tired. I thought I would do one more cut behind the back fence. There were some daffodils growing that got in the way when I went down to the creek.

So I started cutting the flowers with the lawn mower. These flowers were born from us digging up bulbs in the front yard and tossing them over the fence. It was tricky to cut them with the mower because of the trees around them. I found that they were wet. When I walked on top of them it was slippery.

I had to cut some flowers on a steep hill. I went to the top of the hill and walked down with the mower. My left leg slipped on the wet flowers and I fell down. Luckily the lawn mower shut off. I was worried that I had hurt my knee based on the way I fell. The fall was intense as my had and hearing protection flew off my head when I hit the ground.

I stayed on the ground for a while. I thought about asking for some help. But nobody was around. I had a tough time pulling the lawn mower up the hill. Turns out my leg really hurt where it meets the rest of my body (torso). It was hard to move or walk. Somehow I got the lawn mower emptied and stored in the shed.

It was painful collecting the rest of the yard tools. I took a quick shower somehow and passed out. Later I planned to get dinner with my brother. I had trouble walking from his car to the Chinese food place. I knew I could not make it back to his car. This was a bad time to be moving around.

No comments: