Friday, May 18, 2018

Rain Gutter Overflow

I decided to eat lunch at Jerry's Subs today. Got a pepper jack cheesesteak. It was delicious. Filled up my car with gas on the way home. It was raining heavily. When I got home, I noticed rain flowing over the side of the gutter into the carport. Not good.

I got my stepladder. Found that dropping from trees had clogged the gutter. So I removed the droppings. It helped some. But the gutter was still overflowing. Turns out there was a lot of dirt in the rain gutters impeding the flow of water.

Grabbed the hose and sprayed down the gutters. Had to move my ladder several times. When I moved it close to the downspout, half of the ladder was on dirt. The other half was on concrete. The ladder almost tipped over. But I got the job done.

Just when I was ready to head into the house, I noticed water overflowing from the second story rain gutters in the front of the house. Damn. Had to fetch the big ladder from the back yard. Luckily my handyman used it last week to fix the shingles on the roof. So the length was set correctly on the ladder. Similar problems on the top level as above the carport. Double damn.

No comments: