Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Dresser Handle Repair

I have a couple bookshelves in my study in the basement. One of them has a drawer at the bottom that is pretty big. I store a lot of items in there. Always opening and closing the drawer. One of the handles broke off. It was metal, but poorly made. For a long time I have been suffering with just one drawer handle.

Now I could have replaced that bookshelf. I have a ton of books on it. I need that drawer too. Seemed like just too much work. Then it hit me. I could just replace the handle. Of course Amazon had plenty of styles to choose from. I decided against the cheap ones that came with the bookshelf. Instead I got some circular ones that looked old.

The tricky part was that the bottom drawer did not want to come out of the bookshelf. I emptied the contents of the drawer. Then I felt around the back of the plate with the screws to figure out how to remove the old ones. Once that was done, the new ones were easy to install. Now we are back in business.

No comments: