Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Getting Momoko's Car Serviced

Momoko is off on vacation visiting her dad for the holidays. She left Little Kat and I in charge of getting her car serviced. She said we should take it to the dealership to ensure the warranty remains in effect. I scheduled a time with Little Kat to drop the car off.

We got to the dealership. You are supposed to pull into the service bays. There were cars parked in front of each bay. I parked on the side and walked in. A single service guy was there. He diagnosed the car and said we needed an oil change and tire rotation. Cost would be $200++.

Service guy said the car would be ready in an hour or so. He said he would call me. I asked him what should I do if I don't get that call within an hour. He gave me his direct line to call. After 2 hours, I did not receive a call. I tried calling the service guy a few times. He never picked up the phone.

The next day, Little Kat and I returned to the dealership. Momoko's car was out front. I paid the cashier. The service guy went running to find our car. After a while, he realized it was in the front. This dealership advertises that it washes your car with every service. On my receipt it said, "Car not washed".

Essentially this dealership is a service fail. Normally I don't take Momoko's car in for service. But if I ever do again, I will chose another dealership. Even better, I hope she can go to our local mechanic.

No comments: