Saturday, October 2, 2021

Dinner and an Acura TLX


I was scheduled to meet my old buddy from college for dinner. Drove to his house and was about 10 minutes early. He texted me saying he was running 15 minutes behind schedule. I told him no rush as I brought my Kindle for reading. The only weird thing is that the Kindle needs an Internet connection to even work. Luckily the iPhone can generate a hot spot.

My buddy came out and we took his car. He had a rental because his Acrura SUV was in the shop at the dealership. They gave him an Acura TLX sedan as a loaner. It was hard to get in due to the low height of the door jamb. Inside it was roomy enough. It felt like a brand new luxury car.

We headed to a seafood restaurant to the east. As soon as we exited off the main highway, the traffic was stopped. The radio station said there was an accident and all traffic was blocked. 30 minutes later I saw a couple tow trucks drive by. Eventually we eeked by and got to our destination. After dinner, I asked that we take the long way home so that I could enjoy the luxury car for a bit longer. My buddy got lost a few times. The back seat had surprising head room too.

No comments: