Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fence Repair

Last year the a huge branch from the neighbor's tree fell down and crushed part of our fence. I told my neighbor not to worry about it since we wanted to replace that fence anyway. However our neighbor insisted that he pay to get it fixed.

I had the guys who installed the fence come by and estimate the damages. It would cost $500 to replace the section of fence that got smashed. I was given a 25% good guy discount, bringing the total cost to $385. That is still a good chunk of change.

Today my neighbor came by and gave me $385 in cash to replace the fence. This is a big deal. Times are tight and money is scarce. We wanted to replace much of the fence that surrounds our property. But all of that will have to wait. There are more pressing things that require our money.