Thursday, November 5, 2009

Locked Out

Yesterday I had to report to my company headquarters for an in person meeting. The main office is far away. And the traffic to get there is murder. So I got up in the early AM hours, and drove there early.

The day went well. Since I got there so early to beat traffic, I left early to miss the traffic going home. When I got home all the lights were on in the house. So I turned them off, locked up the doors, and headed outside for some yard work.

After a few hours I came in, took a shower, and hit the sack. Later I found out that I had locked Little Kat in the basement. He stayed home sick from school and was in the guest bedroom. How was I to know this? Luckily Kit Kat came home from school and detected something was wrong with the downstairs door being locked. No harm. Little Kat was sleeping the whole day.

2 comments:

Grand Kat said...

Poor Little Kat, good thing the down stairs has a litter box!

Black Cat said...

Little Kat just got some good news. He found a key downstairs that unlocks the door to the main level. We did not even know we had such a key. Now we labelled the key, and he is safe from future lockouts.