Friday, November 20, 2009

Toto "Africa"

Late one work night, Momoko and I started watching music videos on cable. Well Momoko eventually headed to bed. Then I discovered a live concert video from Toto. The best part was when they played Africa. I recall this song from my youth.

This version of the video had some interesting parts. The lead singer on the keyboards is not the original band member. He is better than the original guy. I love how he looks when he has his keyboard solo in the middle of the song.

Another thing I noticed was that gramps on the bass (with the long white beard) does not seem to be the original bass player either. I love how this "new" guy bobs his head up and down with the beat.

There is so much to love about this video. It is clear that these guys are really playing at their concert. However the sound is so good. Normally bands just don't sound as good as their radio/CD edits. But these guys are masters. I also like when they pan out to the dude in the crowd standing on somebody's shoulders.

I am listening to the song as I write this blog post. Only thing left to say is, "I blessed the rains ... down in Africa."

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

I don't think I have heard of this band, maybe I would know the songs if I heard one. So you have been jamming to the beat I see.