Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Getting Scrappy

Both Momoko and Little Kat told me the last printer was not printing dark. I had a spare toner cartridge. It was an old cartridge that had the toner put back in. So I loaded into the printer. Two weeks later, the prints were coming out lacking again.

What were we to do? I could buy a new toner cartridge. But the darn thing costs $100. Little Kat was also complaining that the printer was squeaking. The thing is a work horse. However it is as old as Kit Kat.

I guess it is time to buy a new printer. Momoko has to print a lot of paper out for her class. And Kit Kat plus Little Kat do a little printing for school as well. I decided to try one more time to be scrappy. I put on some latex gloves, and shook that toner cartridge vigorously. Now it is printing fine. But its days are numbered.

Office Depot has a Brother laser printer on sale for $99. That costs less than the toner for our current printer. It is worth a try.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Sounds like time for a new printer to me. The Ink is the problem,
some times it just doesn't last long at all.