Saturday, January 8, 2011

Recycling Problems

The cats did not come this week to pick up our recycling. This is unusual. They are normally consistent. That meant we had a huge container of recyclables overflowing. I did what any cat would do under these circumstances. I threw out the recyclables with the trash.

And the end of this week we had three trash bags of regular trash. We also had three huge trash bags worth of recycling. That might make you think we recycle half of the stuff we throw out. Not quite. Trash guy comes twice a week. Recycle guy only once. So we recycle about a third of the stuff that goes out. Pretty good though.

I am the trash man in our house. Therefore it makes my job easier if we put things in the recycling bin. Therefore most everything that can be recycled goes in there. I don't know if we are helping the environment. I do know that our trash bags are less full than ever.

No comments: