Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jukebox Surprise

Momoko and the girls went shopping this afternoon. That left Little Kat and I to fend for ourselves at lunch. Little Kat advised me to take us to the Silver Diner. I had a coupon that expired today. Must be our destiny.

Little Kat tried to get me to approve a milkshake, bowl of soup, gourmet burger, and sundae dessert. I laughed at first, then informed he was authorized for a large water and half a salad. He was a bit dejected. However the salads there were good.

Then Little Kat wanted me to give him a quarter for the jukebox at our table. Last time we were there, Little Kat lost his quarter in the machine. So I declined. He played with the machine and chose a song. I found it strange that the song he chose played over the loudspeaker.

Maybe it was chance. Little Kat chose another song. The machine clicked and then his second choice played without the need for a quarter. Little Kat had me listen to another 30 minutes worth of songs. Finally we had to go. Little Kat said he ended up selecting $15 worth of music without putting any money in the machine. Let's hope the other customers enjoyed his selections.

No comments: