Thursday, January 27, 2011

Power Outage

The power was fluctuating yesterday afternoon. We cooked and ate dinner early just in case. That turned out to be a smart idea. We lost power in the evening. The kids brought out the candles. I went to bed early because power or not, I had to go to work the next day.

The power was out all night. And it snowed. I got up real early. I shoveled a path down the driveway. Then I dug out my car from the damage the snow plow did. It took a long time. The rest of the family was asleep because school was cancelled.

Finally I got the car out. I rewarded myself with a McDonald's breakfast. During lunch I bought a couple bags of rock salt. After lunch, Kit Kat called and said the power finally came back on. Momoko pumped the heat up about 10 degrees higher than normal. We needed it.

No comments: