Friday, February 3, 2012

Case of the Missing Tube

This morning I brought down a toilet paper tube for some of our gerbils to chew. I put it in the cage with our oldest gerbils. They need softer cardboard to chew as their teeth are not as strong. At lunch I saw that the tube was gone. Wow. They must have really chomped hard on the thing.

After lunch, I layed down on the floor next to the old gerbils' cage. There was a lot of activity in their small wooden house. Then I figured out what happened. The gerbils chewed about half of the tube. Then the dragged the remains into their house to finish chewing. Heheh.

These older gerbils have the largest cage int he house. Usually we use the space to give them all kinds of toys. Right now all they have in the cage is their wooden house and metal corn meal bowl. The gerbils use the bowl to roll around and take a bath in the corn meal we pour into it.

After school today, I will instruct Little Kat to fill up the cage. We have a gerbil wheel for them that just got cleaned. We also have a circular cardboard box they like to hide in. There is also a large sturdy box they love to climb on top of.

No comments: